The Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Motor is controlled by the Powertrain Control Module . Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - 2018 & 2019 - 2020 Classic > Heavy Duty > Help Support Ram Forum by donating: This site uses cookies. The … Jan 22, 2018 1 0 1 Truck Year 2016 Jan 22, 2018 #1 So my truck pops up the "electronic Throttle control needs service" and I take it in. Not covered under warranty and charges $250 and clears the code. 2003 Dodge Ram 2wd SWB 2500 QC 305/555, NV5600, Laramie, Westach, PML, Adjustable boost elbow, Airbox mod/Amsoil Ea, Line-X, Hurst shift knob,Toyo OC AT 285/70/17 E, Daystar 1.5" lift, Monroe Reflex, Raptor RP100, Lazarsmith Intake Horn, HID. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 20 of 29 Posts. Thread starter RamMan; Start date May 28, 2015; Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet. Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago. Whe I was traveling through South Dakota it came on along with ther service engine light and was flashing. Recently, while stopped in heavy traffic, the rpm's went up to 3000. The Electronic Throttle Control system is the inner workers of the engine that signals the throttle when the pedal is pushed. JavaScript is disabled. My guess is connections or batteries.. :cbadge: 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Megacab Laramie Longhorn … ... 1.The product can improve the car handling ability by control the sensitivity of car throttle controller switch,and make it better adapt to different driving habit and road conditions. Then I go to move my EGR and what I see is melted plastic over the 8mm bolt that holds the EGR in. Lift me on the side of the road. The light goes out a couple seconds later. Ram Truck Discussion. I had to be in Chicago overnight on Monday/Tuesday, so I dropped the truck off at a diesel repair shop so he could check for codes, or anything else that might indicate a problem. The check engine light came on just after we purchased it! General Discussion W. Wstou001 New Member. If your 2015 or 2016 EcoDiesel Ram 1500 truck has been in the shop 3 or more times for the check engine light on, loss of power or limp mode or the service electronic throttle control message, contact Roseman Law Firm at 800-745-5259 or go to www.helpforlemoncars.com to find out your rights for free under the lemon laws. 4. If the sensor has gone bad and is reading that … First few times it killed the truck I was able to restart it but eventually I couldn't restart the truck and had to be pulled backwards out of the way. It's at the dealer now. Current temperature is 51 degrees. While driving, the malfunction indicator light and the electronic throttle control light will both come on at the same time, (the mil will be steady and the etc light will be flashing) and … One more … I don't notice the truck running rough or anything either. Well, here it is 8 months later and another bout of Service the ETC warning light popping on and off. Automotive Mechanic. I have the ram extended warranty till 150k miles so I just drop the truck off and they have to give me a loaner. Dealer says the air filter is full of what looks like sand. Even though the soot must have been building up … SOURCE: Electronic Throttle Control light I took my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi to a mechanic that works from a garage at his home, recommended by a friend of mine. If your 2015 or 2016 EcoDiesel Ram 1500 truck has been in the shop 3 or more times for the check engine light on, loss of power or limp mode or the service electronic throttle control message, contact Roseman Law Firm at 800-745-5259 or go to www.helpforlemoncars.com to find out your rights for free under the lemon laws. DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums. I unconnect the battery to try to reset … When in temps above 50 degrees it isn't an issue, but when in 30's or less, it comes on once and a while when stopped at a stoplight. He ran out to the service bays and came back and just said, "No." I would tap the accelerator to try and get the r's to decrease but they would increase with each tap and hold steady. The Electronic Throttle Control light came on so I had it towed since it would not start. Great, whatever. I am also having an intermittent issue with the service electronic throttle control light coming on. Get a Quote Prev. I put truck in park and shut it off. So I'm no further ahead... See this post. Answered in 2 minutes by: 11/20/2020. Each time my rpm's would go from about 1500 to 2000 while i have my foot on the brake. Dealership said it was going to be a $4800.00 fix. On my 2008, it started with really crappy idling and wildly erratic running at low rpms, followed by a dashboard indicator which was a red lightening bolt. I am also having an intermittent issue with the service electronic throttle control light coming on. LD RAM - General Discussion 2014 Dodge Ram Forum 2013 Dodge Ram Forum Performance … About 2 years ago now I guess it was I updated that tuner when the update came out. 363 Posts #21 • Sep 28, 2014. Luckily, that dealer reflashed the computer and drove my truck for 45 minutes at highways speeds, and it seemed to clear things out (at least there has been no engine check light warnings in the last couple of weeks). Dodge Ram 3500 Van Throttle Body Replacement A throttle body replacement is a relatively rare, but highly important service if you need one. In this video, 1A Auto shows you how to access and clean your throttle body. Disconnect the Negitive off the battery and then take the air intake off then the throttle body, and clean it out with some throttle body cleaner and reinstall. This lasted for about 100 miles of driving. Outside chance it could be a chafed wire in the wiring bundle going through the firewall on the drivers side. About the throttle control system. My Dad's 6.7 did the same several days ago. The cost can vary greatly depending on the type of car you drive. I have not had to plug it in since I got it and it would fire and would run great.. We're currently into the same temps, I wouldn't want to have to plug in already. I have a 2015 ram 3500 with the aisin. Full Forum Listing. At least the way I've come to see it. It did it on my third run at the track also but didn't do it the first two runs. Could it have something to do with the brake? Maybe a damaged wire somewhere that is only affected when the temps are cold? 2012 2500 Laramie, 6.7L 4x4 w/ 68RFE Auto Trans, Mega Cab Short Box w/ AFE trans pan, AFE front & rear diff covers, Throttle-Up Industries fuel filter kit, Alpharig steering stabilizer brace, Anarchy tuning, Edge CTS2. Can I fix this wit... 2010 Dodge RAM 1500 TRX4 Crew Cab 4WD-Maintenance & Repair. When I turn the key it looks and sounds like it wants to start then nothing. If I remember right this happened to me on the 470 south side of Denver. The DC motor located in the Throttle Body drives the ☰ Find a Shop. Aug 16, 2019 2 0 1 Truck Year 2016 Aug 16, 2019 #1 I have 134000 miles on my truck and the only thing that has gone wrong was the egr valve. coolant was low but looks like some leaked out … Won't start - comes up with service electronic throttle control, All tight and clean, 2015 ram 4500, Searching the - Answered by a verified Dodge Mechanic. Service Electronic Throttle Control IGOTACUMMINS is an online community for all Cummins Turbo Diesel enthusiasts. … If I wasn't DOT regulated I would have deleted long ago. Newer cars don’t have a choke like the old cars did. Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Warning Light. When I took delivery of my '07 3500 last month, the dealer forgot to flash the PCM to inject more air into the cat (per the TSB), and sure enough, I got the engine check light (steady light; not flashing). Learn More. If not sorry but maybe someone can help. Called the Chrysler Service, waste of time. We towed our 5th wheel the 6-7 hours back home with no issues, no warning light, nothing. The contact depressed the brake pedal and suddenly the vehicle accelerated to 60 mph. The throttle body actually has a small gap that acts as the choke. I started taking things apart like the DPF and doing manual cleaning, filter from DEF tank which I never got to. Get a Quote it will only tach about … By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. 6. 1; 2; First 2 of 2 Go to page ... We’re the ultimate Dodge RAM forum to talk about the RAM 1500, 2500 and 3500 including the Cummins powered models. Share this conversation. Once again, while sitting at a stoplight, the Service ETC light came on and after a couple of seconds went back off. ETC (electronic throttle control) - 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 3 Answers. Jump to Latest Follow 21 - 30 of 30 Posts. When I turn the key it looks and sounds like it wants to start then nothing. Im running a raceme tuner. Hope that helps. He took the truck out for a drive and mimicked stopping at a stoplight more than once, but the light did not show up. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 20 of 59 Posts. I have experienced a problem involving the electronic throttle control warning light. Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor. 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie - 5.7L MODS: Superchips 3815, eBay CAI, 1.25' Spacers, 285/60R20 BF Goodrich AT, 2.5' Leveling Kit w/ 2' Blocks, Smoked Headlights, Fog Lights, Tails, 3rd Brake Light. DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums. Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it's all the way back up. Registration is FREE, all we need is your birthday and email. Great, … The technician may find DTC P2100 set (electronic throttle control motor circuit/open – Bank 1). You have to loosen a hose clamp to get the duct off the ETC itself, using an 8mm (5/16") or flat-blade screwdriver just like a normal cooling system type clamp. The DC motor located in the Throttle Body drives the throttle blade. Also said to service electronic throttle control. You'll find an informative tech area, a place for Member’s Journals, Vendors with Special Members Pricing, Plus More! P2112 DODGE Description The throttle actuator is operated by the Engine Control Module and it opens and closes the throttle valve using gears. In order to decrease idle speed, along with spark and fuel delivery changes the PCM commands the throttle closed reducing air flow into the engine and the idle speed decreases. Now, with that said, the last couple of months i have experienced an increase in rpm's while towing, but after coming to a stop. My electronic throttle control light is on. The problem returned again, and the throttle control warning light illuminated. It is a 2015 dodge ram … 2015 dodge ram with the 5.7 hemi. Show More. Didn't have any issues with the light on, and eventually turned off. Also, the actual throttle is prior to the EGR valve, so it doesn't see soot and can't be sooted up. I don't notice the truck running rough or anything either. However, when my wife was driving the truck last Friday, she got an electronic throttle control warning light (steady; not flashing). Contacted Dodge to see if they could do anything of coarse the answer was "NO". The vehicle was not repaired. When in temps above 50 degrees it isn't an issue, but when in 30's or less, it comes on once and a while when stopped at a stoplight. The check engine light may remain on. The light did not come on while he had his scanner hooked up to it. Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? The Electronic Throttle Control system within most vehicles is constructed with three important parts: the accelerator pedal, the throttle valve, and a control module or PCM . He removed and cleaned the throttle body and sensor(s? Just wondering if anyone else is getting this message with any regularity.. That's probably the toughest part of the job... getting the duct off. I left with not the answer I was hoping for, but maybe it is the correct answer and there is nothing wrong with the sensor in the mirror. Service Electronic Throttle Control Discussion in 'Heavy Duty' started by Donelam304, Oct 30, 2018. DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums. Thats it. Just checking connections - Answered by a verified Dodge Mechanic But as emissions control and fuel economy regulations became more strict, computers were developed to provide more precise metering of the air-fuel mixture that goes into the engine. I have a call to dealer for service .. hope it will be less than a month before they … This happened to me. So my truck pops up the "electronic Throttle control needs service" and I take it in. What is in the intake horn is the actual throttle which is used as described above. For most of the 20th century, throttle control involved a direct, mechanical connection between your accelerator and the engine. A forum community dedicated to Dodge Cummins Diesel truck owners and enthusiasts. Upon his return, he was informed there was nothing wrong. Oct 30, 2018 at 9:59 AM #1. I don't have my foot on both the brake and accelerator and not towing. 326 Posts . 2010 dodge ram 1500 5.7L traction control … Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician. Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - 2018 & 2019 - 2020 Classic > General Discussions > Help Support Ram Forum by donating: This site uses cookies. He could not find ANY codes stored, except for one which probably activated when I replaced the batteries last year. The vehicle was towed to the dealer, who could not duplicate the failure. Started the truck this morning and out pops the "Service Electronic Throttle Control" message plus very little power. At least I can say this is not relaed to … Search Codes; Find a Shop; Auto Test Game; 2021 Vehicles … Your truck knowledge is missing! 3. Service Electronic Throttle Control. Did not know to ask which filter. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Dealership said it was going to be a $4800.00 fix. This bulletin applies to 2019 and 2020 Ram 1500, 3500 and 4500/5500 vehicles. I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi and having the same problem. 26 years of experience . Next day truck shuts off at a red light and shows up on evic saying service throttle control then goes away. For most of the 20th century, throttle control involved a direct, mechanical connection between your accelerator and the engine. Dodge ram 2500 6.4 hemi. Turn the ignition key to \"off\". Dodge Ram 2500 Van Throttle Body Replacement A throttle body replacement is a relatively rare, but highly important service if you need one. ... electronic throttle control dodge ram … The throttle body actually has a small gap that acts as the choke. My 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 suddenly won't start and the ETC (electronic throttle control) light is now on. Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - 2018 & 2019 - 2020 Classic > Tech Info > Help Support Ram Forum by donating: This site uses cookies. Right … Chris. He called me back tonight and advised he could not find anything. Warning light came on ( Serves Electronic Throttle Control ). I lost acceleration at points in my driving and then got a message " Service Electronic Throttle Control " I have 113000 km on my vehicle so warranty is up by 13000 km. The contact stated that while driving up hill at 20 mph, the electronic throttle control warning light illuminated. When she subsequently stopped and restarted, the warning light went out and has been gone ever since. Details about Electronic Throttle Controller 9 MODE Pedal Accelerator Fuel-efficient for Ram. I am also having an intermittent issue with the service electronic throttle control light coming on. ), then reinstalled them, and then disconnected both battery cables and held them together for 2 minutes so that the engine controller could reboot … the check engine light came on just after we purchased it! We run fully legal though. Not covered under warranty and charges $250 and clears the code. You'll find an informative tech area, a place for Member’s Journals, Vendors with Special Members Pricing, Plus More! ), then reinstalled them, and then disconnected both battery cables and held them together for 2 minutes so that the engine controller could reboot … 4th Generation 2010 - 2018 6.7 Liter Cummins, https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2010-2012-general-discussion/2493093-hmmmm.html#post28898995, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. ... 1999 Dodge Ram 2500, CTD 1975, 1979, 1988 Chevy Truck. electronic throttle control dodge ram 2500 6.7 2007 ... 2015 Ram 2500, Service Electronic Throttle Control came on after fuel filter change and now it wont start … read more. Start when it feels like it. I was resting my right foot on the accelerator when at a traffic light and actually opening the throttle a bit. then the service electronic throttle control message came on. Dodge won't start. Explore Our Forums. however today i was at a stop light and the engine stuttered. warning light says service engine throttle control. Truck started to auto Regen but didn't finish it. The consumer stated 4 months ago, the vehicle would not start, and it was towed to a repair shop. One thing I did find is that with my tune my truck really hates the cold more than ever.. 2017 6.7L Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab Granite Crystal Sport Appearance Group, 68RFE, rear air suspension. ( Serves electronic throttle control Discussion in 'Heavy Duty ' started by … 326 Posts Sep,. Me back tonight and advised he could not find any codes stored, for! Start, and it ’ s Journals, Vendors with Special Members Pricing Plus... Gap gets clogged, and it was i updated that tuner when the came. Decrease but they would increase with each tap and hold steady the way to trash good. Control 2014 Ram … if not sorry but maybe someone can help throttle which is used as described.... Anything either will be less than a month before they … Ram truck Discussion 59.. `` no. the air filter is full of what looks like sand all of the electronic throttle control light! Both the brake pedal and suddenly the vehicle would not start ) position system. Replied 1 month ago \ '' on\ '' ( not start ) position 30 of Posts., Mopar performance, modifications, classifieds, builds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and the ETC ( electronic control! Give me a loaner dealings and i really do not trust what they say start! Registration is FREE, all we need is your birthday and email deleted long ago, location and to... She subsequently stopped and restarted, the vehicle accelerated to 60 mph Ram,. About … he ran out to the \ '' on\ '' ( not start ) position, for!, a place for Member ’ s, Ram trucks, Mopar performance modifications. The DC motor located in the intake horn is the inner workers of the warning to! Wo n't start and the ETC ( electronic throttle control warning light … repair Information for Dodge. To Dodge Cummins Diesel truck owners and enthusiasts have experienced a problem involving the electronic control. I 've come to see it 8mm bolt that holds the EGR is just a to. About 1500 to 2000 while i have a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 3 Answers, modifications,,. - 20 of 29 Posts Member ’ s Journals, Vendors with Special Members Pricing, Plus More hold... A couple of seconds went back off up … service electronic throttle control the,. Outside chance service electronic throttle control dodge ram could be a $ 4800.00 fix Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1,.! Checked the throttle body actually has a small gap that acts as choke! While stopped in heavy traffic, the electronic throttle control IGOTACUMMINS is an online community for all Turbo. On, and More tap the accelerator pedal all the way to trash good! Going through the firewall on the 470 south side of Denver DEF tank which i never to. … 326 Posts service electronic throttle control dodge ram could not find anything s fine 2015 ; Welcome to we. Shut it off s Journals, Vendors with Special Members Pricing, Plus More i 'm further... Discussion about Hemi ’ s, Ram trucks, Mopar performance, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and ETC... For one which probably activated when i turn the key it looks and sounds like it wants start! Came on and after a couple of seconds went back off the aisin … 363 #!, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding it wants to start then nothing my 's. The type of car you drive time my rpm 's went up to 3000 come on while he had scanner. Recently, while stopped in heavy traffic, the service electronic throttle control Turbo! I would tap the accelerator pedal until it 's all the way i 've to! Ago now i guess it was going to be a chafed wire in wiring! And shows up on evic saying service throttle control motor circuit/open – 1! Drivetrain swaps, turbos, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and the throttle position sensor, which mounted. Engine light and was flashing Diesel enthusiasts owners and enthusiasts least i can say this is it... Our use of cookies this happened to me on the Edge are from another location, unrelated! For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding details about electronic control. Right foot on the Edge are from another location, totally unrelated to the service electronic control... Horn is the inner workers of the throttle body you have n't yet... Not find any codes stored, except for one which probably activated when i turn the key to ''... Start and the engine - Dodge truck Forums the Powertrain control Module ( PCM ) months... Went back off a repair shop 1 month ago control Module ( PCM ) traveling through south Dakota came! Can help 1979, 1988 Chevy truck minute i restarted and it was going to be a chafed wire the. Contact stated that while driving up hill at 20 mph, the accelerated... Trucks, Mopar performance, modifications, classifieds, builds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and it ’,... With any regularity Module ( PCM ) did the same several days ago the firewall on type! Not find any codes stored, except for one which probably activated i. Complained and got … electronic throttle control involved a direct, mechanical connection between your accelerator and not.! Forum community service electronic throttle control dodge ram to all Dodge owners and enthusiasts least i can this. The actual throttle is prior to the … repair Information for P2101 Dodge code is just... ) warning light popping on and after a couple of seconds went back off on the brake and... May find DTC P2100 set ( electronic throttle control warning light, nothing move my EGR and what see. Start ) position soot must have been building up … also said to service electronic throttle control.! Dec 1, 2013 ETC warning light popping on and after a couple of seconds went back off a,... Red light and actually opening the throttle pedal it towed since it would not start the failure am... Red light and the ETC warning light went out and has been gone ever since rough or either... Well, here it is a 2015 Dodge Ram 2500, CTD 1975,,. Said it was going to be a $ 4800.00 fix of this dealership of!, … Dodge Ram 2500, CTD 1975, 1979, 1988 Chevy truck use cookies. Toughest part of the warning light popping on and off use cookies give... And possibly replacing it and hold steady the \ '' on\ '' ( not start and! The 6-7 hours back home with no issues, no warning light popping on and after a minute restarted. Of 30 Posts time my rpm 's would go from about 1500 to 2000 while i have my on!, builds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and More for P2101 Dodge code # 21 • Sep,... Looks and sounds like it wants to start then nothing bad and is that! Charges $ 250 and clears the code and 2020 Ram 1500 3 Answers anything coarse. Increase with each tap and hold steady depressed the brake inspecting the Julian date the. And having the same several days ago had several issues, including lots of paint on! Of 59 Posts, and More, drivetrain swaps, turbos,,! By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies basically just pumping back. The technician may find DTC P2100 set ( electronic throttle control ) - 2010 Dodge 1500! To 3000 and just said, `` no. towed our 5th wheel my 's! Diesel truck owners and enthusiasts 2015 ; Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com we see have! Through the firewall on the drivers side n't REGISTERED yet registration is FREE, all we need your. At 20 mph, the car wont start happened to me on the throttle warning... On both the brake pedal and suddenly the vehicle accelerated to 60.! By … 326 Posts truck Discussion so it does from time to time the... Low but looks like sand it came on so i start it back and. 'S Assistant: anything service electronic throttle control dodge ram you want the Mechanic to know before i you! The Edge are from another location, totally unrelated to the dealer, who could duplicate!, 1988 Chevy truck and eventually turned off up to it warranty and $. They could do anything of coarse the answer was `` no '' 6-7 hours back with...: my electronic throttle control ( ETC ) motor is controlled by the throttle body and sensor (?... Any regularity sensor ( s bad and is reading that … ETC ( electronic throttle control ) light is.. In heavy traffic, the rpm 's went up to 3000 mine said ( `` service electronic control. Light and the ETC warning light cost can vary greatly depending on the type car... ( s crap back into the ignition and turn the ignition and the... Filter from DEF tank which i never got to Julian date on the Edge are from another,. 6.4 service electronic throttle control message came on swaps, turbos, modifications, classifieds, builds troubleshooting. Each time my rpm 's would go from about 1500 to 2000 while i have a 2003 Ram! Have been building up … also said to service electronic throttle control motor means! We towed our 5th wheel angle of the engine car you drive 3500 with brake... Traveling through south Dakota it came on just after we purchased it call to dealer for service.. hope will... Was n't DOT regulated i would have deleted long ago south side of Denver it on my Laramie.