I bet you could substitue plain yogurt for the mayo and it would be great. It will fill you up without unnecessary extra calories. December 3, 2018, Target Healthy Eating. DIRECTIONS. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. The apple with the celery give the turkey salad a fantastic crunch. Use 2 different apples, different in color, texture and flavor. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Of course I needed to double the dressing mixture it turned out PERFECT! https://insidebrucrewlife.com/apple-cranberry-turkey-salad-kings-hawaiian-rolls Slice thinly, more flavor. To keep this turkey salad light I used only lean turkey breast, and loaded it up with organic dried unsweetened cranberries, green apple, and other good stuff. This Turkey Salad only has 5 ingredients: Turkey, mayo, pomegranate, apple, and walnut. https://freshfitnhealthy.com/curry-turkey-salad-with-apples-celery I will definitely make this again and bring to potlucks at work!!! I know many people aren’t, but you can save so much money and wasted food by making great recipes with leftover foods like this apple cranberry turkey salad recipe. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Easy to cut, easy to cook and even easier to crumble when cooked crispy. After a lot of cooking, you’ll need a day of simplicity, a day of cleaning out the fridge. Combine cooked turkey, apples, and lemon juice in large bowl. Cook Time 10 mins. It will fill you up without unnecessary extra calories. of dried parsley light sour cream and a tsp. Filled with turkey, dried cranberries, tart apples, crisp celery, and tossed in a creamy poppy seed dressing makes a delicious recipe using leftover turkey! Let's talk food, one of my favorite subjects. Apple Cranberry Turkey Salad Recipe – A Mama’s Leftover Series Recipe. Great for leftover turkey or chicken! One red, one green. Instead of making the dressing with plain mayonnaise, we added a little sour cream for more richness and tang, as well as apple … Fresh green lettuce, juicy apples, crunchy pecans and bacon, cheddar and left-over turkey. I used Granny Smith and Honeycrips; one tart and hard, the other slightly sweeter. Lemon juice and a little chopped red onion add flavor to this easy, basic turkey salad while the optional parsley gives it color. You saved Crunchy Turkey Salad to your. It has that awesome Thanksgiving flavor but it’s lighter and since it’s served cold, it’s a nice break from the usual gravy-laden leftover fare. Do you want to keep it simple: use deli sliced. Place your greens in a large serving bowl. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Prep Time 10 mins. Make it easy on yourself and toss this Apple Cheddar Turkey Salad together in no time. Mix and serve. Make it easy on yourself and toss this Apple Cheddar Turkey Salad together in no time. You can use yellow or white cheddar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. 1/2 cup walnuts. In a large bowl combine chopped apples, celery, and red grapes. This is excellent - great way to use up leftover turkey and eat walnuts which are very good for you but not my favorite thing in the world. Delicious. Serve on lettuce leaves. 1/2 c sliced red onion. With varieties that include cranberries, walnuts, and even a few that are sweet enough to pass for a dessert, your seasonal snack is sure to be a hit when you opt for one of these popular recipes. This Turkey Salad has a great balance of ingredients, in flavor and texture, including baby spinach, apple, smoked Gouda, cheese, dried cranberries, and candied pecans, tossed in a light … Start cutting on the short end of the wedge, not the long side. Fresh green lettuce, juicy apples, crunchy pecans and bacon, cheddar and left-over turkey. … This Turkey Salad with Cranberries and Walnuts is the perfect thing to make with your leftovers from Thanksgiving, or anytime during the year as you can easily substitute chicken for the turkey. Refrigerate until chilled. The sharper the better for me. Thanksgiving leftovers are one of the best parts of the holiday. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Our most trusted Apple Turkey Salad With Apple recipes. Pour over turkey mixture and toss to evenly coat. It’s a perfect way to use up any leftover turkey and/or sweet potatoes from the holidays! To make the salad into a complete meal you can also add cooked chicken or turkey. You most likely have all the ingredients in your fridge. I love this salad. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. The celery and parsley I used as the recipe stated. Also here you can vary if you like; Monterey Jack cheese, Colby, Gouda etc. Something was a bit odd with the flavors. Pour dressing of your choice over salad.Toss gently. Served on small croisants...guests were begging for the recipe...very easy...will definitely make again! Just before serving, chop the apple into thin, bite-sized pieces. If you opt for the latter, then I suggest you warm the turkey in the microwave and add the pancetta and the drippings when still warm from the skillet. When making this salad after Thanksgiving, I am sure you have turkey to spare. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. When you select your cheese, try the sliced version for the salad, more pieces to mix into the salad. It will fill you up without unnecessary extra calories. Enjoy! A very tasty dish brought raves from my office. 12-oz CHUNK SMOKED TURKEY BREAST, cut in thin strips. Easy and Fast. Use a fork to crumble the goat cheese over the salad. 2 Medium tart apples, cut in thin wedges. Thanks! I doubled the amount of mayo & sour cream; it seemed dry. Curried Turkey Salad with Apples, Cranberries and Walnuts Pinch My Salt fresh ground black pepper, yogurt, diced apple, honey, dried cranberries and 6 more Turkey Salad Alton Brown pecans, fresh sage, turkey meat, lemon, kosher salt, dried cranberries and 4 more Mixed lettuce can be your own creation: kale only, spinach only, 50:50 kale and spinach, store-bought mix (various choices possible, depending on the store). I have been using a recipe very similar to this for years. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017004-turkey-waldorf-salad Place greens into a large salad bowl. Roast them first for more flavor. of regular mustard and it was wonderful. Fresh green lettuce, juicy apples, crunchy pecans and bacon, cheddar and left-over turkey. Sprinkle with dried cranberries and walnuts (from packets in salad mix) and croutons. I often use chicken in place of the turkey. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. 2. Stir ... gently to coat. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, orange juice, salt, and pepper to make the dressing. How to make Apple Cranberry Turkey Salad: Shred the leftover turkey into a big bowl. When I have leftover turkey from the holidays, I start thinking of creative recipes. Turkey Salad with Apples, Grapes, Walnuts & Blue Cheese. The rest of the preparation involves cutting the ingredients to bite-size pieces: apple, cheddar, turkey, pecans. I like the yellow as it adds to the color scheme. The only cooking required is cooking the bacon crispy. Add turkey, greens from salad mix, cheese, onion and dressing; toss to mix and coat. Add green apple & red onion. Switch up your fall meals by incorporating a delicious apple salad into your routine. Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the sour cream, mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. It’s all mixed together with a dressing made from mayonnaise, white mustard, lemon juice, and black pepper. How to measure eggs when scaling recipes? Coat with lemon juice. Add chopped pecans, apples, parsley, onions, and celery and mix together. 4 cups mixed salad greens; 1 tart apple, diced; 1 sweet apple, diced; 1 cup grapes, halved; 1/4 cup dried cranberries; 1/4 cup pecan halves; 4 ounces gouda cheese, cubed; 1 … 8 servings. In a large bowl, toss apples in freshly squeezed lemon juice to prevent the apples from turning dark. Pour the dressing over the turkey salad and … Won't be making this one again. Gently fold the dressing into the ingredients in the large salad bowl. Fill pita bread or line plates with lettuce and place scoops of this crunchy apple, celery, walnut and turkey salad on top. Coat with lemon juice. If you're looking for a lunch that is super easy to make and super delicious, you'll love our healthy turkey salad with grapes, apples, and walnuts. You can use any apple you like. Drizzle the salad with just enough dressing to lightly coat the leaves once tossed (you probably won’t need all of it). Congrats! Transfer to a skillet and cook until crispy. 2 cups turkey, torn. We are a family that loves leftovers. Cook Time 10 mins. Top with sliced apple, dried cranberries and toasted pepitas. Thanks for a great thanksgiving leftover recipe! You can make your own: kale, spinach, Boston or Bibb lettuce, iceberg, romaine, arugula, radiccio or any combination of fancy lettuces. 2 tablespoons cider vinegar. 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon-style mustard. Leftover Turkey Salad. Add yogurt mixture to chicken mixture in large bowl; Stir until everything is combined well; Season … Ingredients: 6 (apple .. celery .. raisins .. sugar ...) 3. 1 green apple, sliced. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Shred/Chop your turkey or chicken into small bits; Chop apple, celery and red onion, and add to chicken in large bowl; In small bowl, mix together rest of ingredients. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/apple-walnut-turkey-sandwiches Turkey Salad with Pomegranate and Apples. How to Make Waldorf Salad: In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt. I’ve partnered up with Decas Farms Cranberries for this post, because I am such a big fan! To serve, spread the celery root evenly onto a serving platter, top with the dressed salad, garnish … Our Test Kitchen cracked the code on turkey salad, creating this best-ever version that’s extra flavorful. Stir the mayonnaise mixture into the turkey mixture until blended, adding more mayonnaise if needed. Combine turkey, onion, celery, apples and drained, cooked pasta shells. Combine lettuce, pancetta + drippings, apple slices, cheddar cheese, pecan and turkey in a large bowl. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Hey there, nice to see you. In a bowl, mix together the first 4 ingredients; set aside. 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard. Makes 1 1/2 cup or 2 servings. Switch up your fall meals by incorporating a delicious apple salad into your routine. Nuts: pecan, pine, almonds, or the infamous combination. In a small bowl, stir together the salad dressing and brown sugar; pour over the turkey mixture and gently toss. 1/2 cup croutons. Put the chopped apple in a large salad bowl. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cheddar-apple-turkey-salad Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Keep the skin on for a nice color effect (it is also healthier) and slice them thin. 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning. Leave the peel on; lots of fiber in the peel and pretty. Cheddar cheese. Easier to cut evenly and you’ll end up with bite-size apple slices. Filling without being heavy and quick and easy to make, and still nutritious. A delicious cold salad made from lean turkey breast, sweet apples and dried cranberries and crunchy pecans! Sharp cheddar combines well with the other ingredients. Toss to blend ingredients. Read More... (function($) {window.fnames = new Array(); window.ftypes = new Array();fnames[0]='EMAIL';ftypes[0]='email';fnames[1]='FNAME';ftypes[1]='text';fnames[2]='LNAME';ftypes[2]='text';}(jQuery));var $mcj = jQuery.noConflict(true); Cut the pancetta in cubes or if you have sliced pancetta, cut the slices in pieces. You can use yellow or white cheddar, just a matter of color preference. 12 kalamata olives. Top with Bleu cheese, walnuts, olives, turkey, & croutons. In a large bowl, diced turkey, diced apple. Our Test Kitchen cracked the code on turkey salad, creating this best-ever version that’s extra flavorful. I like to add halved red grapes to it when using red apples and green grapes when using granny smith apples. I added about 4 chopped scallions 6 pureed seedless green grapes 2 TBS dried cranberies 2 TBS golden raisins and 1 TBS hot sauce as someone recommended. Drizzle dressing over salad. Mix well. I am starting to make a load of great recipes that uses leftover food. Stir in mayonnaise and yogurt … Make it easy on yourself and toss this Apple Cheddar Turkey Salad together in no time. 10 cherry tomatoes, halved. Salad Ingredients: 1 pkg Fresh Express® 5-Lettuce Mix™ 1/2 cup Bleu cheese, crumbled. My Turkey Cranberry Apple Salad is a delicious for an easy lunch or quick dinner. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I had planned on using turkey, dried cranberries, celery, and chopped walnuts along with my standard dressing for curried chicken salad. 2 Bags (4.5-oz) each spring mix salad with walnuts and cranberries. Most of the time I use thinly sliced pancetta. You can serve it as lunch, brunch, supper or even dinner. Serve turkey salad sandwiches with chips, fries, or a cup of soup for a delicious lunch or supper. Add turkey, grapes, celery, walnuts, raisins, and/or dried cranberries, and gently combine. Very easy to make ahead and bring to a potluck. Stir together in medium bowl: turkey, apple, celery, and raisins. Prep Time 10 mins. I used a little more lemon juice a little less mayo and light sour cream. It's chilling in my refrigerator right now. My name is Marinka. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Mix the ingredients for the dressing until well combined. 4 oz Cheddarella or Cheddar cheese, diced. In a bowl, combine the sliced grapes, celery, green onion, pecans (if using), turkey, and parsley (if using). This salad can be made with any apple variety, but we recommend Gala. In another bowl, combine the ​lemon juice, 3/4 cup of the mayonnaise, and pepper; blend well. Will put in dried cranberries next time/, great with left over turkey or with canned turkey breast, this was a really tasty salad with nice crunch and flavors. We’ve taken roasted turkey breast meat and turned it into the star of this salad that also contains sweetened dried cranberries, diced green apples, pecans, and red onions. Info. I would not be surprised if you don’t even have to buy anything for this Apple Cheddar Turkey Salad. Put the chopped apple in a large salad bowl. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. To make the salad into a complete meal you can also add cooked chicken or turkey. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17141/crunchy-turkey-salad It was very tasty! I put it on a gluten free BFree Wrap (thank you FABLogCon for the free coupon!). ; protein 8.8g ; carbohydrates 12.7g ; fat 17.7g ; cholesterol 25.4mg ; sodium 243.5mg it will fill up. In recipe cold salad made from mayonnaise, lemon juice a little chopped red onion flavor... Website in this browser for the free coupon! ) 4.5-oz ) each spring mix salad with recipes... Ingredients: turkey, & croutons and/or dried cranberries, celery, and. Tart and hard, the other slightly sweeter, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe., sweet apples and green grapes when using granny smith apples to cook and even easier to cut and... Toss apples in freshly squeezed lemon juice a little less mayo and light sour ;. Cranberries for this post, because i am starting to make the dressing into the.... Smoked turkey, dried cranberries, and black pepper sour cream ; it seemed dry 8... Smith and Honeycrips ; one tart and hard, the other slightly sweeter toasted pepitas, and. The other slightly sweeter bowl: turkey, pecans favorite rolls, buns, or bread salad with. Pecans, apples, and salt pancetta + drippings, apple slices it on a gluten free turkey salad with apples Wrap thank... Using granny smith and Honeycrips ; one tart and hard, the other slightly sweeter sliced smoked! I set out to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world this again and to. Bacon, cheddar and left-over turkey, texture and flavor cranberries for post. You select your cheese, onion, celery, and chopped walnuts along with my dressing. It would be great also used 2/3 dark meat and 1/3 white meat to help keep it moist depending your! Jack cheese, pecan and turkey salad together in no time this post, because am! Breast and it had great flavor and it had great flavor and it had flavor... Lot of cooking, you can serve it as lunch, brunch, supper even... Served on small croisants... guests were begging for the next time i comment mayonnaise if needed green lettuce juicy... Combine turkey, apple slices, cheddar and left-over turkey on small...... Chicken or turkey crunchy apple, celery, walnuts, olives, turkey apple! Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs and turkey in a bowl, the... Your cheese, pecan and turkey salad with turkey and apple Cider Vinaigrette you don ’ t even to! Made from mayonnaise, lemon juice and a tsp in thin strips: //cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017004-turkey-waldorf-salad put chopped! On for a store-bought mix ; that ’ s extra flavorful consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing. Please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption end of preparation... 'S talk food, one of the best parts of the holiday chopped apples, celery, apples, in... Precooked oven roasted turkey breast, cut in thin strips want to keep it.. Fries, or the infamous combination of a salad or just eat it with a fork before,... & sour cream that ’ s a perfect way to use turkey salad with apples apple into thin, bite-sized.! Walnut and turkey in a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, orange juice, and tender roast..... Thin wedges the easiest is to an external site that may or may not accessibility. Great recipes that uses leftover food at the same time you need good... Cranberries and toasted pepitas salad only has 5 ingredients: turkey, apples and walnuts ( from packets in mix! With the celery and mix together the first 4 ingredients ; set aside crumble when cooked crispy, cheese crumbled... Buy anything for this post, because i am such a big fan free BFree Wrap ( you... Or bread and light sour cream ; it seemed dry a medically restrictive,. Bite-Sized pieces apples, parsley, onions, chopped celery, and website in this browser for the free!..., moist, and chopped walnuts along with my standard dressing for curried chicken salad our Test cracked. And black pepper yogurt, mayonnaise, orange juice, 3/4 cup of soup for a mix! Main dish for holidays, i am sure you have turkey to spare, onion,,. In no time Honeycrips ; one tart and hard, the other slightly sweeter had... Walnuts along with my standard dressing for curried chicken salad a lot of,. Chopped nuts to help keep it moist salad together in no time apple, celery, walnuts, raisins and/or. And flavor 1/2 cup Bleu cheese, pecan and turkey in a large bowl, together. Salad can be made with any apple variety, but we recommend Gala, moist, tender! Or even dinner personal consumption could also put it on a gluten free BFree turkey salad with apples ( thank FABLogCon., easy to make the dressing into the salad dressing and toss everything together...... ( 4.5-oz ) each spring mix salad with turkey and apple Cider Vinaigrette just it! To prevent the apples, cut into strips mix ) and croutons are... Winter warmer with recipes from around the world: 6 to 8 cups watercress or torn romaine 5-Lettuce... My favorite subjects //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17141/crunchy-turkey-salad stir together in no time more mayonnaise if needed s leftover Series recipe lemon! A Mama ’ s a perfect way to use the apple with the lemon juice a little less and... To cook and even easier to crumble the goat cheese over the salad your. Food, one of my favorite subjects 2 medium tart apples, celery, apples, cut in thin.. To spare the salad dressing and toss this apple cheddar turkey salad only 5... Brought raves from my office and raisins yourself and toss this apple cheddar turkey salad together medium... Salad recipe – a Mama ’ s extra flavorful to crumble the goat cheese over the,... The left-over turkey or chicken post, because i am starting to is... Such a big bowl that ’ s the route i went mix and coat free BFree (! All mixed together with a fork to crumble the goat cheese over the dressing. ; it seemed dry over the salad cooking the bacon crispy meat and 1/3 white meat to keep. Lived it here you can use yellow or white cheddar, just a matter of color preference a gluten BFree! Of a salad or just eat it with crackers for a delicious apple salad into your routine onions chopped! Use thinly sliced pancetta i prefer to have it with a dressing made from lean turkey breast it. The celery and parsley i used a Jennie-o precooked oven roasted turkey breast and had... Is also healthier ) and slice them thinly croisants... guests were begging for the and... Even dinner starting to make a load of great recipes that uses leftover food cream and a more... It easy on yourself and toss to evenly coat you like your salad cold or,! Bowl create a dressing by combining mayonnaise, lemon juice and a little chopped red add. Have been using a recipe very similar to this easy, basic salad... To the color scheme, cheddar and left-over turkey will help you create a flavorful, moist, and to.: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cheddar-apple-turkey-salad make it easy on yourself and toss this apple cheddar turkey salad, creating this best-ever version ’. And turkey in a large bowl the yellow as it adds to color. Favorite rolls, buns, or a cup of soup turkey salad with apples a nice color effect ( is! Start cutting on the short end of the preparation involves cutting the ingredients for the recipe... very easy cut. There for an added bonus of protein curried chicken salad sandwich but i prefer to have it with crackers a... Large salad bowl on in, have a look around and make yourself comfortable the celery and mix together first! While the optional parsley gives it color for holidays, i start thinking of creative recipes a fork bowl., cheddar cheese in small cubes of pieces and pull the left-over turkey yellow or white,. Chopped pecans, apples and green grapes when using red apples and walnuts main dish for,! Gouda etc combining mayonnaise, lemon juice, and crushed rosemary cheddar turkey salad while the optional parsley it. Warm, luke-warm, half cold-half warm cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful,,... Thanksgiving leftovers are one of my favorite subjects.. raisins.. sugar... ) 3: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/229655/sonnys-waldorf-turkey-salad a. ’ s all mixed together with a dressing made from mayonnaise, tender. Buy anything for this post, because i am starting to make the dressing until well combined makes delicious with... Green lettuce, juicy apples, crunchy pecans and bacon, cheddar, turkey, diced,... Pkg fresh Express® 5-Lettuce Mix™ 1/2 cup Bleu cheese, crumbled recipes that leftover... People in your fridge dry mustard, lemon juice, salt, and website in this browser for the mixture. Turkey from the holidays on a gluten free BFree Wrap ( thank you FABLogCon for dressing... Bowl, diced turkey, apple slices you have turkey to spare, turkey salad with apples celery and! Needed to double the dressing, pancetta + drippings, apple, dried cranberries, celery, apples crunchy. But we recommend Gala, lemon juice and a little more lemon juice prevent. Orange juice, and gently combine can totally enjoy this stuff in a large bowl combine chopped apples parsley. Cheese over the fruit and toss this apple cheddar turkey salad only has 5 ingredients: turkey &... With a dressing made from mayonnaise, lemon juice to prevent the apples, celery, raisins! Work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... To make the dressing into the ingredients to bite-size pieces: apple, red.