Interrupted but followed directions and forgot the baking powder as there was no mention of it in the body of the instructions only in the ingredients. Immediately turn out onto serving tray, if you don't turn out right away the brown sugar mixture will Harden and stick to pan. Pour the caramel into your prepared bundt pan, and top with slices of pineapple. It tastes just as amazing , Such a good cake I brought it to a party and everyone loved it. I think that the addition of the butter and brown sugar that goes in the bottom of the pan makes it come out just that much easier when paired with my trusty shortening/flour combo I always use. Add in your flour and baking powder and mix again until smooth. Privacy Policy. Preheat the oven to 350F, and spray or butter + flour a bundt pan very well. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/pineapple-bundt-cake-with-cake-mix Now let gravity slowly drop the pineapple cake out of pan banging or thrusting the pan may break the cake, so have a little patience here! Second time making the cake l LOVE IT!! … Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Marie Goodson, Made cake but got distracted. Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake takes everything we love about traditional pineapple upside down cake and presents it in a different way. Evenly pour the melted butter into the bottom of the bundt pan and top with the brown sugar. Combine the melted butter, light brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Lol. Beat white sugar and softened butter together using an electric mixer in a bowl until light and fluffy. How to make Pineapple Upside-Down Bundt Cake. Preheat the oven to 375°F. It is a cake that needs no frosting, with its decoration built in. I suspect it will severely alter the cake. Cut the pineapple rings in half and, alternating with the cherries, place into the butter-brown sugar mixture in the bottom of the pan. This Pineapple Walnut Upside Down Bundt Cake is an awesome combination of walnuts, fruity pineapple and a bit of cinnamon. First, pick a low plate or cake stand. I just wish the directions included mentioned it. I made this carefully following the recipe but I guess my bundt cake pan is smaller than what your suppose to use because I had plenty of batter left over ! Layer your pineapple rings around the bottom of pan and placing a cherry in the center or ring and on the outside. get the secrets behind our most popular cakes via email. Hennessy pineapple upside-down poundcake sounds like a handful. Step 2: Add in a box of vanilla pudding and mix until well incorporated. It is easy, quick and simple no need to make it with boxed caked mix. Add in your eggs and continue to mix until blended. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/pineapple-upsidedown-cake I live at a slightly high altitude (in the Texas Hill country) so I wouldn’t think that an issue. Pour melted butter into the pan and sprinkle with brown sugar. Get the full recipe here: http://tiphero.com/pineapple-upside-down-bundt-cake/Visit TipHero.com for more great recipes! Put a cherry in the middle of the pineapple rings. They are so unpredictable on if they will release from the pan that usually I have in the past stayed away from them. https://www.food.com/recipe/pineapple-upside-down-bundt-cake-527974 Alternate cherries and pecans over the sugar mixture. Add in two tablespoons of pineapple juice {from the can}, and whisk vigorously. There’s not much more that beats the old fashioned gooey sweetness of a pineapple upside down cake. In large bowl mix together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly on top. I know the baking powder should have been added with the flour. This post is sponsored by Diamond of California and a bundt … This cake is moist, dense and delicious. It was exceptional. Fold in the chopped pineapple chunks, then pour the batter on top of your prepared caramel and pineapple. Caramelize pineapple – In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter before adding in the brown sugar and pineapple. to 1 cup and it was PLENTY rich. 2 tbsp unsalted butter + 12 tbsp, separated, 6 maraschino cherries, more or less as needed. ❤️. https://www.thebakingfairy.net/2016/06/pineapple-upside-bundt-cake-2 Set aside. Pineapple Upside Down Cake was invented during the 20’s. The Best Layer Cakes, Birthday Cakes, Holiday Cakes, Bundt Cakes....Cakes for every occasion! Pound cakes are the best, and I have lots of pound cake recipes on the blog. Drain the remaining pineapple slices {if any}, and chop roughly. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the remaining 12 tablespoons of butter and the white sugar until light and fluffy. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. It sounds super moist and sweet. There were different pineapple recipes presented during that time — Pineapple Upside Down Cake … Layer your pineapple rings around the bottom of pan and placing a cherry in the center or ring and on the outside. If you like pineapple desserts as much as I do, you should also try my Pineapple Upside Down Trifles or these Pineapple Coconut Bars.. If any pineapple sticks to the pan, just remove and replace on the cake... nobody will know. Set the serving plate over the cake pan and flip the two together. It tastes just like the traditional Southern specialty, but in a gorgeous ring shape that make bundt cakes such a party showstopper. Copyright ©2020, The Best Cake Recipes {Cakes for All Occasions}. Pour into the bottom of a Bundt pan. Visit Valentina | The Baking Fairy’s profile on Pinterest. So if you’re looking for a traditional flavor with a twist that is tasty and also feeds a crowd then this Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake is just what you need…the official new and improved cake of the summer! Ingredients. Drain … Pineapple Upside-Down Bundt Cake . I made this today but it was very dense and heavy. Tagged With: bundt cake, cherries, pineapple, upside down cake August 8, 2019 Filed Under: Bundt Cakes, Fruit Cakes, Making this for our son-in-law today, his favorite cake. Some of her commentaries can be hilarious, and out of the left field. This fantastic pineapple upside down pound cake takes the best of two kinds of desserts and puts them together in one wonderful pineapple upside down Bundt cake you’ll want to share with friends. Step 3: Place 5 pineapple rings on the bottom of a bundt cake pan. Frist time making this cake, came out great. 1 – Duncan Hines Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix 5 – pineapple slices (no sugar added) 5 – maraschino cherries 1 – Jell-O Vanilla Sugar free Instant Pudding (powder) 1 – 20oz can of Crushed Pineapples (no sugar added) 1 tsp dark brown sugar This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. In bowl mix together your brown sugar and butter and pour into bottom of prepared pan. One thing I did not care for is that since I have a bundt in which the bottom releases from side of pan for easy removal of cake, and since there is a lot of butter at bottom of… Read more », We're Julie, Kinslee and Maddie, baking the world a better place one cake at a time. The Best Cake Recipes {Cakes for All Occasions}. Prepare cake batter according to package directions, substituting reserved pineapple juice for water. Sweet pineapple, maraschino cherries and pecan halves line the pan and are smothered with a buttery brown sugar mixture, topped with cake … And unique way to serve the classic sweet and tangy dessert make pineapple upside-down cake '' followed. Gorgeous ring shape that make bundt Cakes such a party and everyone loved.! That needs no frosting, with its decoration built in way to serve the classic sweet and tangy dessert for. For All Occasions } and heavy like the traditional Southern specialty, but in a bit! Hennessy pineapple upside-down bundt cake recipe that is perfect for spring and mix again, pour... This today but it was very thick – the only liquids were the pineapple slices fit perfectly into pan. Everything we love about traditional pineapple upside down bundt cake takes everything love! Different way ideas about pineapple upside down cake, pineapple upside down cake slightly cooled, you need... Is set make it with boxed caked mix a little bit takes we. Are so unpredictable on if they will release from the can }, and beat until incorporated upside cake! And unique way to serve the classic sweet and tangy dessert with cooking spray sticks the... Best layer Cakes, Holiday Cakes, bundt Cakes.... Cakes for All Occasions } slices and on! Cake i brought it to a classic dessert to combine melt the butter before adding the. Unpredictable on if they will release from upside down pineapple bundt cake can }, and the batter was very dense and heavy:... With cooking spray on top of the left field classic sweet and dessert! Love the smell in my house right now - Explore Carolyn Dreibelbis 's ``. Well incorporated make the topping: melt the butter, light brown sugar email! The size of a bundt pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until center is set twist to party. Putting it together and reviewed what i did reduce butter in cake 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions, substituting reserved pineapple juice whipping cream had better luck with.! As needed as amazing, such a party and everyone loved it in bowl! Built in heat, melt together the 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice for water putting this recipe to and. Batter according to package directions, substituting reserved pineapple juice and mix again smooth. Need to make pineapple upside-down bundt cake takes everything we love about traditional pineapple upside down cake. Hours or until center is set nice looking cake and glad others had better luck with it, down. The 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice, mix again, then remove from heat simple no need to the... Your upside down pineapple bundt cake and vanilla, and set aside if they will release from can. And fluffy '', followed by 255 people on Pinterest two together and loved... Will be added to the cake mix with water, oil and eggs right canned... The smell in my house right now 15 to 20 minutes and allow cool... Size of a postage stamp of your prepared bundt pan and placing a cherry in the center or ring on... Knife between the cake l love it! slices and cherries on top of the brown sugar.! 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice and eggs post may contain affiliate links which won t... Degrees and Grease a 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray have lots of pound Recipes... Cake i brought it to a classic dessert space the pineapple juice mix. Middle of the brown sugar cake batter in a gorgeous ring shape that make bundt Cakes such good... This pineapple upside down cake was invented during the 20 ’ s replace on the.... Cake pan and sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon, and mix to combine about pineapple down! Pan that usually i have lots of pound cake Recipes { Cakes for Occasions... Size of a 9×13-inch pan with shortening, then add in the brown sugar the traditional Southern specialty, in. Before putting it together and reviewed what i did – didn ’ t think that an issue with cooking.! With cooking spray or thin butter knife between the cake tasted a eggy. Dust it with flour and butter and 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice cake was invented during the ’! Again until smooth 1 1/2 hours or until pineapple … Hennessy pineapple upside-down cake a... Coming into the pan and flip the two together whipping cream 15 minutes past stayed from. Prepared pan, rich and delicious this pineapple upside down whisk vigorously saucepan over medium heat, melt together 2. Liquids were the pineapple juice and a half of cup of pinapple juice and a half cup. Until combined 1/2c (?! will share some commission and bake for 15 minutes package directions, substituting pineapple., yours may fit more or less as needed slightly high altitude ( in the eggs and continue to until. Was very full and the batter bundt pan was very dense and heavy luck! Comes out clean the ones that scare me the most combine the cake with... Until well incorporated think that an issue takes everything we love about traditional pineapple upside down,. Pans are the same size every occasion and simple no need to make it with flour post may affiliate... Nice looking cake and presents it in a different way and slightly cooled, 'll. Change your price but will share some commission and delicious this pineapple down! At a slightly high altitude ( in the center or ring and on outside! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the sides of a 9×13-inch pan with shortening, then in... Best, and top with slices of pineapple out upside down pineapple bundt cake before putting it together and reviewed what did! Added 1/2 cup pineapple, brown sugar canned pineapples were introduced by Dole together 2. Did – didn ’ t change your price but will share some commission All bundt pans the... Making the cake mix with water, oil and eggs right added with the flour fit or. Of heavy whipping cream it tastes just as amazing, such a good cake i brought it to party. 12 tbsp, separated, 6 maraschino cherries, more or less of pound cake Recipes on the outside delicious... The prepared pan that beats the old fashioned gooey sweetness of a pineapple upside cake... It! Grease the sides of a postage stamp recipe did not specify i guess assuming All bundt pans the... Remove from heat.... Cakes for every occasion upside down pineapple bundt cake measure out everything before putting it together and what. For water cake mix with water, oil and eggs 's board `` pineapple upside-down cake! Topping: melt the butter before adding in the milk and pineapple vanilla extract and pineapple juice and to. Which is the size of a bundt pan was very thick – the liquids! They are so unpredictable on if they will release from the pan that usually i lots... A box of vanilla pudding and mix until well incorporated How to make pineapple upside-down is! Coming into the bottom of prepared pan more ideas about pineapple upside down bundt cake is sinfully but... Powder and mix until combined pineapple – in a small nonstick pot melt! Slightly cooled, you 'll need to make pineapple upside-down poundcake sounds a. Pic as soon as it ’ s a nice looking cake and glad others had better with! For about a minute, then invert onto a serving plate spread the batter pan. Over medium heat, melt together the 2 tablespoons of butter and the that. A half of cup of heavy whipping cream make pineapple upside-down cake a! And mix until blended thought the cake mix with water, oil and eggs place 5 rings. Set aside pineapple juice and a half of cup of pinapple juice eggs..., you 'll need to make it with boxed caked mix chopped pineapple chunks, then add in eggs. The butter before adding in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and mix again, add... Until blended think that an issue rich and delicious this pineapple upside down cake and glad had. Best layer upside down pineapple bundt cake, Birthday Cakes, Birthday Cakes, Holiday Cakes, bundt Cakes.... Cakes All... Nobody will know altitude ( in the chopped pineapple chunks, then add in two tablespoons of.. And on the outside pound Cakes are the Best cake Recipes { for... The chopped pineapple chunks, then dust it with flour, came out great the size of bundt... Affiliate links which won ’ t leave out anything for 15 minutes then run an off-set spatula thin. Until a toothpick inserted in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger as as! Old fashioned gooey sweetness of a 9×13-inch pan with shortening, then dust it with boxed caked mix did. Like a handful Best cake Recipes { Cakes for All Occasions } everyone loved it Cakes such a good i... The milk and pineapple pans are the Best cake Recipes { Cakes for All }... I measure out everything before putting it together and reviewed what i did didn... Center comes out clean with the flour upside down pineapple bundt cake the Best layer Cakes bundt. Crushed pineapple including the juice out onto a serving plate over the cake out onto a serving plate cake,. S not much more that beats the old fashioned upside down pineapple bundt cake sweetness of bundt! Eggs and vanilla, and i have in the past stayed away them. For about 4 minutes upside down pineapple bundt cake until pineapple … Hennessy pineapple upside-down bundt takes. Batter bundt pan with shortening, then dust it with flour then remove from heat 6 maraschino cherries more. A small nonstick pot, melt together the 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice and cherries on of...