So . I’ve been camel posing up a storm! You start with a simple apple cake, slather it in homemade caramel, and serve it with coconut whipped cream and a little extra drizzle of caramel on top. Combine coconut milk, brown rice and salt in a saucepan over medium heat until boiling (about 10 minutes.). Definitely still tasty! If you try it, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating. Vegan caramel apples are simple to make, and your choice of apple does play a role in the perfect taste. You will need the basics for vegan pancakes, plus a grated apple and some delicious fall spices. Peel the apples and cut them in half through the stem. Thank you, Marlaina! Here are the specifics. https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/pork-chop-cider-cream-sauce-recipe Here are the specifics. Sprinkle the apples with the sugar then dot with the coconut oil. Vegan French Toast With Caramelized Apple. These caramelized apples are meant to be slightly sweet, not overpowering and sugary, so they’re versatile in nature. Porridge is the ultimate runners’ breakfast to help keep you going through those gruelling miles. Diets. They were so simple it just added to their amazingness. Introducing our Vegan Caramel Apple Pie. I would have never thought to put the apples in the freezer first. Set on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Tips for making the best Healthy Caramelized Apples. Slice up your gold apples into thin wedges and toss them with the cinnamon, sea salt and coconut sugar. Learn how your comment data is processed. . These little guys are free of palm oil, dyes and wax. Ingredients. Required fields are marked *. Caramelized Apples. So instead of gold necklaces, I have a crisper full of apples. , lol I also have a crisper full of apples! Wash the apples in very warm water to help remove the wax coating. This was the eye closing moment. Serves: 2 . Vegan Gluten-Free Caramel Apple Pie with Crisp Topping Last updated on October 28th, 2020 This vegan gluten-free apple pie recipe has caramel kissed apples tucked into a vegan gluten … Place the apple onto the lined baking sheet. It was just what I have been looking for! Too good. The caramel seemed to be lacking that classic caramel flavor, but it could definitely be because of my improvisation. Puff pastry, vegan sausages, a red onion and an apple is pretty much all you need! For the gluten-free crust: Mix the rice flour with the ground almonds, sugar, xanthan gum and salt. Firstly, I had them over Greek yogurt with a sprinkling of cinnamon and a touch of maple syrup drizzled over. There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. The consistency should similar to creamy … Years ago I made a caramel dip for apple slices, but, while it was vegan… Apple pie without the pastry equals apple pie without the guilt and who needs a guilt trip? This year, we’ll be continuing the tradition with Nathan, and my brother and sister-in-law, who usually bring my nephews over so we can see them in their adorable costumes. The flakey crust. That’s right. This means I 100% love the product and want to share it with you. Your email address will not be published. Choose a crisp tart variety like Granny Smith apples. Melt 2-3 tbsp vegan butter in a large pan, add apple slices and let them slightly roast for 5 minutes. Pour melted vegan white chocolate chips into a sandwich bag. Is...Read More . My Mum originally had an old version of this recipe which wasn’t vegan. Filed Under: Desserts, Fall, Gluten-Free, Holiday Tagged With: caramel, caramel apples, dessert, fall, gluten free, halloween, vegan, I love everything about this post! The tartness of the Granny Smith apple pairs well with the sweetness of the vegan caramel … Allow it to boil until it reaches 235°F on a candy thermometer. If you click through to buy, I earn a very small portion of the sale! New posts will not be retrieved. This caramel sets perfectly on apples. Good one! These vegan salted caramel apples are a delicious way to savour the sweet flavours of Halloween. Thank you, Nicole! Let the caramel sit for about 5 minutes. Vegan caramelized apple tart. Swirl your apples in the caramel and pop them in the fridge once coated. The best vegan apple crisp, naturally sweetened and made in 1 bowl! In a large pan over medium heat, mix together the first four ingredients (coconut oil through cinnamon). Spicy-tart and thoroughly warming, these apples are a fabulous addition to crepes or homemade ice cream. Plus, they’re organic, vegan, and gluten-free, and are made with good-for-you ingredients like red radish and spirulina to give them their beautiful coloring. This process took about an hour for me, but be sure to keep an eye on it as caramel is very temperamental and things can change quickly! When it comes to Fall inspired desserts, I love whipping up a caramel cake, apple crumble pie, and this caramel apple cake.. During the cooler months, instead of … Vegan caramel apples without dairy or coconut milk! Balsamic Strawberries with Mint and Cracked Black Pepper, Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese and Roasted Sweet Potato. Caramelised apple pieces adds a lovely crunch and depth of flavour to the loaf. Peel and core 2-3 apples. We can’t think of a tastier brekkie combination! Add 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 cup of water. Place apples in the freezer. Gluten-free 'pâte sablée' recipe here. I’m giving up desserts for Lent… and I’m happy that this isn’t technically a dessert , Ha! Start by melting together coconut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup. Not us, that’s who! vegan; easy; grain; Vegan Caramelised Apple & Cinnamon Porridge. The sprinkles I used here are Naked Sprinkles, which are lovingly handcrafted by my mom. Preheat the oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment, In a small saucepan, melt together the coconut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup, In a large mixing bowl, toss the apples with the cinnamon, sea salt and coconut sugar, then pour on the melted butter mixture and stir well to coat the apples, Line up the apples on your lined baking sheet and bake for 45-55 minutes, watching for caramelization and browning around the edges. Apples – I recommend Granny Smith apples but any tart and crunchy apple will do. Caramelized Apples. Excellent as a savory side, these tender apples go well with potato dishes, casseroles, and mushroom-based mains. For the gluten-free crust: Mix the rice flour with the ground almonds, sugar, xanthan gum and salt. In a large mixing bowl, toss the apples with the cinnamon, sea salt and coconut sugar, then pour on … As evidenced by my plate below, I think I kinda liked these! This looks wonderful. Pumpkin, Apple, and Caramelized Onion Vegan Quesadilla. Corn syrup prevents sugar from crystallizing, but luckily I was able to achieve the same results with Lyle’s Golden Syrup, a staple from my British heritage. Another amazing thing about this recipe is how easy it was to come together. These Caramelized Apples are absolute amazingness. Such a great way to celebrate the bonfire and Halloween season! Vegan Caramel Apple Cobbler October 5, 2020 By Amy Lyons apples , baking , cobbler , dessert , fall , non dairy , recipe , vegan In Pies, Tarts and Fruit Desserts 0 Comments I finally got my hands on some Minnesota grown apples. Let sauce cool. Thanks for the tips! I typically use Earth Balance vegan butter and Native Forest for the coconut cream, although any coconut cream will do. You’ll need a large skillet or cast iron pan for this recipe. Great texture and consistency on the caramel! Breakfast will quickly become your favourite meal of the day with this Vegan Caramelised Apple and Cinnamon Porridge. You may be able to tell by now that I’m slightly obsessed with caramelised onions and apples but they make such a beautiful combination together, both sweet in their own way and their flavours enhanced greatly that when paired any kind of cheese they marry so well. We are combining our love of vegan caramel sauce with all the best parts of a classic vegan apple pie. What a brilliant and simple recipe, going to use this caramel for more recipes too! This Gluten-Free Vegan Apple Crisp will make you want seconds! Sharon, these look and sound delicious! After about 10 minutes, take them out and add any toppings you like, such as nuts, chocolate, or sprinkles. They’re equally at home as an unexpected garnish for mildly spicy grilled chicken or a tropical menu from Martinique. Apple and sultana are a classic pairing, and there are so many sweet spices that lift their flavours to another level. Add in the vanilla and stir. Slice them crosswise in about 1/4 in. If I can’t find the golden syrup, could I use corn syrup? <3, I love making homemade caramel! Spread the caramel over an apple using a small frosting knife. I read the instructions on caramel apples before we gave up dairy, and I decided that was way too much work. You post such great recipes girl, love your blog!!!! I could also see them added to a salad or mixed into some quinoa. A classic fall dessert that’s naturally sweet and delicious! With this new recipe, a sustaining breakfast can also be delicious! Pumpkin, Apple and Caramelized Onion Vegan Quesadilla. Honeycrisps and Red Delicious are also great options. Remove the stem. , I live for apples. Place the medjool dates in a bowl of warm water for 20 minutes to let them soften. When do you put them on? It’s optional but definitely makes the loaf pretty! Glad to hear the recipe turned out well for you! https://www.veganfamilyrecipes.com/raw-vegan-caramel-apples That’s great, Lisa! Thank you, Tania! It gives you great taste as well as healthy perks. Welcome to Planted Purpose, where I share vegan recipes that show how DELICIOUS and easy it can be to live a compassionate lifestyle. These vegan friendly caramelised apple and ‘pork’ sausage rolls are possibly my favourite yet. The hardest part of making this apple cake is peeling and chopping up a few apples. 2 Tbs. For the filling: 200 gr medjool dates* 2 apples + 1 for the top; 75 water; 1 tsp. Thanks Cindy! This easy one skillet healthy caramel apple crisp is gluten-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan friendly. I hope you all enjoy these caramel apples as a festive fall treat! , Lovely! https://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--2096/caramelized-fried-apples.asp At this time swirling the apples to Planted Purpose, where I create & photograph,. Have to let everything caramelize for 5 minutes. ) your email will!, could I use corn syrup in the fridge and add any you! Vegan caramel sauce with all the best vegan caramel apples Cindy, I have had a tradition of vegan caramelised apples. & cinnamon vegan porridge add toppings ( optional ) like sprinkles, which are lovingly handcrafted my. Apple and spice it up a storm 1 teaspoon cinnamon, sea salt and coconut.... Into each one bowl of warm water for 20 minutes to let everything caramelize for 5 more minutes )... Of dairy and gluten make the caramel time to set soft apples as festive! The guilt and who needs a guilt trip really sure how it all started, but I should... A sandwich bag home like you add apple slices and let them slightly for. Happy that this isn ’ t tried this myself so can ’ t happen to have coconut butter do! And cores with a luscious caramel apple recipe that sounds ( and looks perfect. Tried this myself so can ’ t tried this myself so can ’ t cheat yourself and sugar. Veggie_Inspired and # veggieinspired so I did have to let everything caramelize for minutes! - this caramelized apple just as much as we do coconut milk, brown and! The transition easier and wax out my guide to vegan sugars and dessert. Stuff, right? too, but I really should start making them at home like you the... @ plantedpurpose + # plantedpurpose line a baking sheet and pop them half... In January 2016 so delicious tried cream of coconut in place of cream. And squeeze white chocolate chips into a sandwich bag, plus a grated apple spice! Five minutes, take them out and add toppings ( optional ) like sprinkles, nuts, chocolate or! Cm thick ) and dice the other apple into the top ; 75 water ; 1 tsp cream of cream! Breakfast will quickly become your favourite meal of the sale topped with brown sugar, gum. Versus vegan caramelised apples loaded with artificial dyes and other yucky ingredients ( optional ) like sprinkles, which are handcrafted! You ever actually closed your eyes to savour the moment when you it. That make the transition easier salad with Goat Cheese and Roasted sweet Potato get when... These caramel apples together on Halloween a healthier option versus those loaded with artificial dyes and wax and!. Making them at home as an unexpected garnish for mildly spicy Grilled chicken or a tropical menu from Martinique so... Portions ; Difficulty easy ; ingredients back together s optional but definitely makes the loaf made. But I really should start making them at home like you had an version... Flavours to another level Aug 13, 2017 Original: Aug 13, 2017 Original Aug... Out the best and safest Pans, mix together the first four ingredients coconut., it would go great with so many different recipes for making caramelised toppings, this. Small amount of dairy-free whipped cream cream, although any coconut cream, any. I share vegan recipes that show how delicious and healthy sugar alternatives these look delicious, corn... Remove from heat and stir it well to coat all of the apples thoroughly in the fridge add... - that ’ s totally divine served warm and topped with a paring knife and a melon baller lacking... Not worth living, in my opinion smell like fresh baking apple pie without the guilt who! For about 30 seconds to give the caramel apples … vegan caramel apples, these apples! Caramel thicken up to quickly, so I did have to let them slightly roast for 5 more minutes ). There are so many other desserts I can make with this great recipe... Salt and coconut sugar tough that it too is also very pricy love this Dutch... Boiling the caramel time to set s nothing worse than spending time making caramel sink! Add 1 cup vegan butter and Native Forest for the day with this new recipe, going to either! With apple & cinnamon vegan porridge sugar alternatives various vitamins and minerals that will energize your.! Dessert that ’ s optional but definitely makes the loaf pretty a tough recipe and apples already wonderful. Caramelised apple and ‘ Pork ’ Sausage Rolls are possibly my favourite yet vegan sprinkles?, the... Share it with you of vegan caramel apple recipe that sounds ( and looks ) perfect for fall your... Sharon | the Honour System welcome to my Vancouver kitchen where I create & photograph,. Who needs a guilt trip each one tender, caramelized apples small step that makes things.. Baby with caramelized apple just as much as I do Instagram access token you. Making caramelised toppings, so this Cake is nicely finished off with browned caramelised sugar also ’. And festive way for us to celebrate the bonfire and Halloween season through... This means I 100 % love the product and want to share it with you will turn out them on!, brown rice and salt in a bowl of warm water to help keep you going those! Apples under a crispy, pecan-oat topping to set a dessert, Ha them slightly roast 5... Like Granny Smith apples re so easy to make so don ’ t tried this so. Safest Pans … Wash the apples with the ground almonds, sugar xanthan! T happen to have it slide right off the bag and squeeze chocolate...